Monday, August 25, 2008

warm and fuzzy




The first kid's quilt that I made was for Sammy. She was one and we had just moved to Colorado. I always go running in the early morning before anyone wakes up. That didn't work with Sammy though. She'd wake up if I wasn't there. I had to take her with me. Even in the frigid winter. So I made her a very warm quilt. Wool blanket on the inside and backed with fleece. It had many personal images printed either with cyanotype or van dyke brown.
Well now I live in a colder place and also have lucy. So I made another warm quilt. This one has all kinds of pictures- her favorite doll, me w/ my mother and grandmother, her sonogram, a snakeskin, her favorite flowers, etc. I also used pieces of the sling I carried her in and the maternity dress I wore when I was pregnant.

No comments: