Friday, August 22, 2008

It's a fair day!




A rare hot and sunny day here in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. I spent the day today at the Caledonia County Fair. I photographed many people along with the animals that they had brought to the fair to show. Kids with cows, a woman with her various rabbits, a man with baby pigs and pygmy goats. The CCF brings rare Kingdom weather and special generosity of friendliness. People enjoy talking about their animals and sharing.
I had to shoot with my medium format camera today as I am running out of the polaroid film that I'm using with the 4 x 5. These images were made about 4 years ago with my wista. It was the first year I shot at the fair. I printed the negs on cloth and made this bag- "Fairpiece". I use it to keep my lupe in and hang it on my tripod for handy help when focusing the 4 x 5. I've been showing it to my Kirby subjects as an example of how the photos on the Kirby Quilt will look.

No comments: