Wednesday, October 8, 2008

many textures




The great Kirby Documentary Quilt! Here are two more completed squares. I decided to have the really important matriarchs (and patriarchs) of my town of Kirby stand alone AND be framed in opulent fabric. I asked Lucy (pictured in the grid) to choose the fabric for her square. Of course she choose the leopard velour. Like mother, like daughter.

***This project is supported in part by the Vermont Arts Council which is funded in part by the National Endowment of the Arts!

1 comment:

sophia said...

So so cool, I love this. Process looks aesthetically similar to a photograph I wrote about during my internship at the Mead Art Museum at Amherst College, by Amalia Amaki called Three Cheers for the Red, White & Blue. Perhaps you'd be interested in it.